dates-n-mates is Scotland’s national dating and friendship agency run by and for adults with learning difficulties.
In 2007 Altrum, a group of like-minded support organisations, recognised that there was a need for a specific agency to help people make friends and find love. This resulted in the launch of dates-n-mates in 2008 hosted by C-Change Scotland.
We have approximately 150 members spread across the country and offer:
- Opportunities to make new friends
- Support to improve confidence and build personal relationships
- Invitations to 4-6 social events and activities every month, ranging from creative workshops to talent contests to club nights.
- Quarterly newsletter
- Information on other activities, organisations and things that may be of interest
- Workshops for social independence
- Supported first dates
- Volunteer opportunities to work with us and help other members